Did I Hear Someone Mention Summer?
I don’t know about you, but when I hear summer is around the corner the first thoughts in my head are: Vacation, Relaxation, Sunshine, and oh yeah, most importantly - The beach!
Even though we know we should be active and eating healthy all year round, Summer usually creeps up behind us and gives us a push to make sure we are feeling our best in our bathing suits. Well, I’m here to tell you that its not to late to catch up some! We are talking achievable results!
It’s the month of May so we still have some time. Let’s clean up your nutrition and focus on eating anti-inflammatory foods, drinking lots of water, cutting back on large portion sizes and eliminating processed foods. Now that we got that settled, lets get down to some real business!
Your workout routine! Feel free to continue with your normal workouts. You may even be able to do less running! But incorporating total body workouts are great to get the whole body moving and working together as one unit. High intensity full bodyweight exercises are a great way to work your body without machines or tools!
Make sure to hydrate well, breathe properly in through your nose and out through your mouth when performing these circuits. Keep in mind any injuries you have or discomforts. Its important to go at your own pace and work your way up! Now let’s get ready for SUMMER!!
Watch the video demonstration here
- Atomic Frogs Hips Stretch – 1-minute hold
- 90/90 Hip stretch – 30 seconds each side
- Arm circles – 30 seconds
- Inch Worm – 10 reps
3 rounds each circuit, 1 minute -2 minutes rest depending on your fitness level
- Beast Hold: 40 seconds
- Crab Reaches: 20 reps total – 10 on each side
- Kick Throughs: 12 reps total – 6 on each side
- Plank Reaches: 14-20 reps total
- Forward Lunges to Squat: 10-12 reps total
- Push Up Shoulder Tap: 10-12 reps total
- Lying down leg lifts: 15-20 reps total
- Side Lunge to High Knee: 20 reps total – 10 on each side
- Burpee’s to 4 mountain climbers: 10 reps total
By: Anthony Mendez – Instagram @MendezFitness @Iamjennyhofit