By Emily Kho, Contributing Blogger
As the leaves turn golden and the air gets crisp, we know that you're not just thinking about your next workout but also about those mouth-watering fall flavors.
Whether you're a pumpkin enthusiast or gearing up for the big game day, we've got some scrumptious recipes that pair perfectly with your favorite fall workout. Let's dive in!
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl
The Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl is perfect for post-morning run or yoga sessions. The recipe comes from registered dietitian and recipe developer Maggie Michalczyk's blog, Once Upon a Pumpkin. The recipe makes 1 serving, taking 15 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook, for a total cook time of 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat or cashew milk
- 1/2 cup LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 banana sliced and frozen or just sliced
- 1 pitted date
- 1 serving unflavored collagen
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Optional toppings:
- creamy peanut butter/almond butter
- pumpkin granola
- pumpkin seeds
- nuts / seeds
- banana slices
- apple slices
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and blend on high-speed. If using a Vitamix, you will need to use the tamper tool to push the ice and frozen banana down so that it blends together.
- Blend until smooth, pour into a bowl. Place the bowl back into the freezer for about 5 – 10 minutes. This will help freeze everything together giving it the texture and consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Game-Day Guacamole-Stuffed Mini Peppers
These Game-Day Guacamole-Stuffed Mini Peppers are perfect for watching the game with a quick and easy snack in hand. The recipe comes from The Produce Moms. The recipe makes 10 servings, taking 15 minutes to prep.
- mini bell peppers sliced in half lengthwise
- 2-3 avocados mashed
- 1 package Concord Fresh Success Classic Mild Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- Optional toppings:
- jalapeños sliced thinly
- fresh cilantro chopped
- cotija cheese crumbled
- black beans
- roasted corn
- bacon crumbled
- Mix the Classic Mild Guacamole Seasoning Mix into the mashed avocados.
- Fill each mini bell pepper half with guacamole.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
No Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
The No Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites are a quick snack before you hit the evening pilates class. The recipe comes from All The Healthy Things. The recipe makes 24 servings, taking 30 minutes to prep.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (add a bit more if your batter is too sticky)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add the peanut butter, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Next, add gluten free rolled oats, chia seeds, chocolate chips, and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl. Stir until everything is well combined and you have a “dough”.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for fifteen to twenty minutes to chill and firm up a bit.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the dough and then use your hands to roll the dough into balls. Store the energy bites in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.