By Dani Breiner, Holistic Nutritionist @danishealthyeats
This recipe is a perfect healthy and addictive treat to share with family and friends.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 package Emmy’s Organic Cookies (or add an addition 1/2 cup of oats, almond, or coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the berry filling:
- 1 package frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Combine all the berry filling ingredients, excluding the chia seeds, into a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Once most of the berries have mashed, remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse the Emmy's cookies in a food processor until it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine all other crust ingredients with a fork. Add in the Emmy's mixture.
- Press 1/2-2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish (how much you use will decide how much crumble you have on top).
- Bake the crust for about 15 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven & pour the berry mixture over.
- Top with the remaining crumble and place back in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crumble has turned gold.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy! These are amazing topped with nice cream!