At RBX we know that 80% of looking and feeling like your best-self starts in the kitchen. That's why we reached out to Adele Yedid, Clinical Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Vegan Specialist, and wife of RBX Founder, Eli Yedid, for her favorite Memorial Day Weekend recipe. Besides being out-of-this-world-delicious these Popsicle's are healthy and kid-friendly! The main ingredient, coconut milk, has a wide variety of nutritional values such as: high in calcium, high in vitamins, high in "good fats" that prevent against disease, and rich in fiber. This dessert is not only vegan, but sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your Memorial Day festivities!
Coconut Popsicle Ingredients:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (We Like Native Forest brand), refrigerated (overnight preferable)
- 1 can reduced fat coconut milk, refrigerated (overnight preferable)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 20 min (to yield 8 tbs. date paste)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, crushed or 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tbs raw agave nectar (or substitute with organic maple syrup)
- Pinch of sea salt (Himalayan)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut and/or crushed almonds for garnish
- Make date paste: in food processor or Vitamix, blend the soaked Medjool dates, adding the soaking liquid slowly to produce a whipped date paste.
- Pour refrigerated coconut milk into food processor or Vitamix, using both the liquid and the cream that has settled at the bottom. Add the date paste, vanilla extract, and sea salt and blend to incorporate.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into Popsicle molds. Add in chopped almonds or raspberries as desired. Freeze for 2 hours minimum.
- Meanwhile, place all Magic Shell ingredients into a small pot. Whisk together over a low flame until glossy (1-2 min).
- Place garnishes on plates. Once the Popsicles are frozen, un-mold and dip into magic shell and desired topping.
Serve & Enjoy!
Yields 16 Popsicles